Alliance Manager Technology Partnerships (Remote)
Upstream Security is looking for a dynamic and experienced Alliance Manager to join our Business Development team and focus on establishing scalable routes for co-marketing, co-selling, and co-development through major CSPs such as AWS, GCP, and Azure. Your efforts will enable Upstream to reach and cater to the needs of Fortune 500 automotive makers, global fleet operators, and various smart mobility vendors , addressing their security and growing data management challenges.
As the Alliance Manager, you will be pivotal in our scale-up journey, reporting directly to Upstream's VP of Business Development, collaborating closely with a team of passionate Upstreamers. Your expertise will be instrumental in designing, building, and implementing a highly successful co-sell strategy.
As the Alliance Manager, you will be pivotal in driving strategic tech partnerships with major technology partners such as CSPs (Cloud Service Providers), SecOps players such as ServiceNow, and Enterprise Data Automation (e.g. SalesForce).
This role is full time and is US-based.
- Relationship Management: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within AWS, GCP, Azure, and other relevant technology partners including Salesforce and ServiceNow. Collaborate with partner representatives to identify and pursue joint business opportunities. Identify strategic stakeholders within CSPs and work closely with Upstream's sales team to focus on growing our business opportunities.
- Go-to-Market Initiatives: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop joint go-to-market strategies and initiatives. Drive the execution of joint marketing and sales programs to increase market awareness and drive revenue growth. Present our "better together" story (lead gen) to CSP field audiences during team calls and account-based co-sell opportunities.
- Deliver Results: Proactively identify new business opportunities through partnerships. Work closely with the sales team to leverage partner relationships to win new clients and expand existing accounts. Initiate Lunch and learn sessions and partner-led events at CSP's offices across targeted geographical areas to further strengthen partnerships and drive customer engagement.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute 12-month alliance plans, identifying milestones, strategic OKRs, and growth opportunities. Increase the number of partner-originated opportunities by proactively identifying top pipeline and ideal customer profile prospects and mapping them to Tech Partners’ field teams.
- Data Driven: Monitor and analyze alliance performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) are met or exceeded. Share monthly reports with the leadership team. Identify, create, and distribute joint win stories and use cases to showcase successful collaborations and mutual value with partners.
- Market Intelligence: Stay up-to-date with industry trends and the competitive landscape in the cloud technology space. Conduct market analysis to identify potential partner opportunities and areas for growth.
- Team Collaboration: Foster a collaborative and supportive environment within the organization to encourage cross-functional teamwork.
- At least 3 years of experience managing one or more Tech Partner alliances, preferably with one of the CSPs
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working at a similar position in a start-up environment.
- Bias for Action: positive, “can-do” spirit- must
- A Team Player. Selling is a team sport and the field is our customer
- You were your previous Field team's "go-to" partner person.
- You earn trust, build trust, and maintain trust
- Security/cloud-security domain expertise - an advantage
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science or a related field
- Proven success and KPIs in driving co-selling through alliances and transacting deals through Cloud marketplaces
- Solid understanding of cloud technology and the ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Like to travel, meet with partners and attend industry events
- Experience in building relationships and scaling them
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.