Customer Success Manager (CSM)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Upstream Security is a cloud-based security and mobility data analytics platform offering connected car service providers, vehicle fleets, and automotive OEMs cybersecurity protection along with analytics and insights.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Success Manager that will support Upstream product sales to large European smart mobility and automotive OEM vendors.
As a CSM expert, a candidate must have an in-depth working knowledge of the client and an ability to market Upstream solutions that are specific to the vertical and/or industry the customer is in. They must demonstrate an understanding of the competitive landscape, the framework within which the industry operates, and the underlying competitive strategies. They will be involved at the very early stages of the relationship with the customers to educate them regarding the cybersecurity challenges of the automotive ecosystem in general and of their company specifically, as well as to explain and demonstrate the capabilities of Upstream’s products, and the solution it provides to those challenges.
The CSM will lead the engagement process by running PoCs, training, etc., and closing with a contract signature. They must then make sure to always provide added value and find ways to upsell and increase Upstream services and ROI to the customer.
If you are talented, hardworking individuals with great energy, leadership, and initiative to drive awareness for our products- we want to hear from you!
Preferred location: Munich, Germany
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Build a long-term relationship with one’s counterparts on the customer side, based on trust, respect, and technical appreciation
- Be the front line SME of the company through professionalism and positive demeanor
- Successfully demonstrate Upstream solutions to new prospects in different discussion levels
- Lead technical deep dive sessions with cyber experts from the customer
- Echo customer voice at Upstream HQ
- Resolves any user conflict or dissatisfaction with products or services to ensure continued customer loyalty
- Actively manage PoC projects on customer sites including resource coordination, executive progress reviews, end user’ training etc.
- Address any inquiries regarding the product support, product architecture, integration customer systems, different use cases etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to resolve emerging issues using critical thinking and deep understanding across various systems/areas
- Be up to date with the Upstream product roadmap to be able to expose it to the customers when needed
- Demonstrates high member satisfaction levels and results; actively works to improve the overall user experience
- Act as a product expert focused on customer education and service expansion opportunities to drive increased revenue
- Manage project delivery and engagements in a timely fashion.
- The successful candidate will be a high-performing team member that will be a value-add to our existing company culture
- Develop an in-depth working knowledge of the customer and an ability to market Upstream solutions that are specific to the vertical and/or industry the customer is in
- Understand the competitive landscape
- 5+ years of IT security experience in a SaaS environment - preferred
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Strong communication, critical thinking, time management, multi-tasking over multiple systems, matrix management, and multi-customer management skills necessary
- Strong planning and organizational skills; project management - preferred
- Responsible for the development of deliverables, such as customer training materials, PoC process plan presentations etc
- Experienced with customer service / support in the automotive industry
- Software engineer experience, experience in cyber systems, experience in automotive ecosystem – preferred
- Project management experience – preferred
- Familiarity with Enterprise SoC operations -preferred
- Deep understanding of the automotive market -preferred