Data Analyst Team Leader
Upstream’s awesome data department is looking for a talented Data Analyst Team Leader to explore new opportunities in the automotive data realm and delve into a myriad of riddles and challenges that can impact millions of drivers and users across the world.
As a Data Analyst Team Lead, you will play a major role in the company’s engagements. These include managing and mentoring an analyst team, hands-on analyzing large complex datasets, using cutting-edge tools and methodology, and leading the development of the next generation of security and mobility data applications for the evolving automotive industry.
This role is full-time and is Israel based.
- Lead and manage a team of talented Data Analysts, mentor, guide, and seek ways to boost their day-to-day activities.
- Take an active part in our leadership team, lead data strategy, and drive processes.
- Hands-on responsibility in key projects, including the data-onboarding process of new customers to Upstream’s Platform.
- Proactively help achieve Department goals using data. You’re in charge of continuously utilizing the data and implementing end-to-end cyber security and mobility data applications.
- Research large-scale and diverse automotive data sets, to identify anomalies and create meaningful detectors.
- Work closely with the product, customer success, engineering team, and Cyber Research team to build our analytics solution.
- Engage with inspiring partners and customers from disruptive mobility data-driven companies.
- Automate internal workloads using scripting languages.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Data Analyst (or other data professions), including hands-on experience in scripting languages (Python, R, or similar), with data analysis tools (Pandas, NumPy, or similar).
- An experienced leader that believes in empowering and letting his team shine.
- Passionate about data, hands-on approach with who likes to get to the bottom of high-complex problems.
- Team player, superb interpersonal skills, and good vibes. Manage relationships with key partners across different functions.
- Statistical knowledge and extensive analytical skills with experience in using statistics for analyzing datasets. In addition, vast experience in data cleansing and data preparation.
- Curious, self-motivated, and independent.
- Experience in querying large, complex data sets in analyzing large amounts of data (SQL, ElasticSearch, Athena, or similar).
- Fluent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Experience in the Cyber-security, network protocols, IoT security - an advantage.
- Experience in creating ETLs - an advantage.
- Experience in Spark and Big data technologies – an advantage.
- BA/B.Sc. in Statistics / Math / Engineering or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.