Technical Support Manager
About the role
Smart mobility is about to revolutionize the way we live, work and commute – it’s sparked by vehicle connectivity looking forward towards autonomous driving. In order to make it work seamlessly, first it has to be Secure and Safe – that’s where Upstream Security comes in. We’ve created the world’s first and only cloud-based cybersecurity solution designed specifically for Smart Mobility, and already trusted by over a million connected vehicles worldwide.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hands-on Technical Support Manager to join our team.
In this role, you will build our support team process, resolve high technical & complex issues and lead a cross-functional team to drive resolutions.
If you are talented, hardworking individuals with great energy, leadership, and initiative to solve complex technical problems – we want to hear from you!
- Build support processes from scratch.
- Serve as an internal and external point of contact for customer escalations and ensure customer issues are resolved according to priority and as quickly as possible.
- Collaborate across the company (between sales’ engineers, R&D, QA, operations, data analysts and all the technical stakeholders) to investigate and solve customer technical issues.
- Prioritize and escalate the most impactful, important issues from across the company and manage them directly with the R&D teams.
- Maintain and review knowledge base content to drive support scalability and improve self-service capabilities.
- Diagnose technical field issues down to the root cause.
Experience and Skills
- 5-7 years as a Tier 3 technical support engineer/ professional services.
- Experienced with supporting high scale software as a service (SaaS), cloud infrastructure.
- B.Sc. in computer science/industrial engineering or related engineering field – an advantage.
- Outstanding customer facing abilities and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and documentation skills.
- Has the ability to understand our product on a cross functional and technical detail level.
- Self-motivated, with a sense of urgency and efficiency and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Fast learner, creative thinker and a person who strives to solve problems.