ABOUT THE ROLE
Upstream Security is looking for a talented Research Lead with a lot of passion and out of the box thinking, who can take ownership and lead research program initiatives across the organization.
As a Research Lead, you will report directly to the CTO, manage the team’s research program, and plan as well as contribute to the company’s cybersecurity research activities. You will collaborate with product leaders to define and execute strategy and guide the team to success.
This position combines hands-on research work with program management, and requires organization, planning and leadership skills, along with exceptional interpersonal skills and delivery excellence. The Research Lead must also possess strong communication skills and be able to drive completion of work independently and within a team.
- Manage the research program with prioritization, status, and delivery milestones
- Work closely with the CTO, Cyber Research, and Data Science and Data Analyst teams to define and execute research activities in the specialized areas of Upstream Security
- Identify major initiatives in business technologies
- Manage the research roadmap and track research progress throughout the research lifecycle
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management
- Research large scale and diverse automotive data sets
- Build modeling and anomaly detection algorithms as part of the company's products.
- Work closely with the data science team and the dev team to build the analytics solution.
- Build an innovative security technology
- Research new technologies and adopt them for use in the company’s product
- BA/BS/MA degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of experience in product and project or program management
- Proven track record of innovative cyber security research
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Leadership skills in personal mentoring, technical guidance and proactively initiate new activities
- Programming and scripting background (C++/C#/Python/Perl)
- Strong self-learning and analytical skills with problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills