Upstream is looking for a talented Sales Engineer to join our North America team and focus on driving growth and leading technical discussions throughout the entire life cycle of the account.
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible to engage with potential and existing customers, delivering technical presentations, product demos and training to convey the value of Upstream’s technology and solutions. You will work closely with the sales team, product and engineering teams, delivery teams, to articulate the company’s unique value, cutting-edge technology, and product portfolio.
This role is full time and is US-based.
- Communicate with prospects and customers to convey information concerning the technical and business benefits of Upstream’s products.
- Gather requirements, discover customer challenges, design solutions, conduct presentations and product demos, run technical workshops, work with customers, partners, sales and customer success teams to conductPOCs, technical / architectural discussions, and product evaluations.
- Deliver professional and technical management following the best practices and established procedures through proactive communication, strategic advisory, technical project management, service reviews, escalation management and training.
- Demonstrate high customer satisfaction levels and results; actively work to improve the overall customer and partners (MSSP, SIs, Technology partners) experience.
- Lead RFx processes, define technical needs for POC and deployments.
- Build strong rapport by utilizing related skills and assisting customer needs.
- Evaluate customers' business needs, infrastructure, security and compliance requirements.
- Development, design and work to implement security solutions involving multiple security products integrating with multiple vendors, service providers, and OEM solutions.
- Work to identify and develop value creation and upsell opportunities.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of company technology, products, and services.
- Provide support to the sales team in defining strategies for successful sales and implementations of solutions.
- 5+ years experience in SA, sales engineering, pre-sales engineering or any other relevant role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated record of successfully supporting sales teams within the cybersecurity domain interfacing with CISO organizations and relevant stakeholders in the Automotive industry.
- Demonstrated track record and experience working in a complex and fast paced global work environment.
- Deep technical knowledge of cybersecurity and data integration domains and the ability to keep up with new technologies as they emerge.
- Result-orientation and strong decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize multiple objectives and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent written, speaking, and listening skills; possess the ability to communicate effectively and with all seniority levels within organizations.
- Fast learner, team player, problem solver, ability to work in a fluctuating workload environment and with a globally dispersed, cross cultural team.
- Training and product onboarding experience is a plus.
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.