Senior Data Analyst
Upstream is looking for a talented Senior Data Analyst to join the Data Analysis team and manage the onboarding process of new data, devise the company’s analytical solutions, and turn data into actionable information.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will research large complex datasets, use cutting-edge tools and methodology, and have a major part in developing the next generation of security and knowledge management for the automotive industry.
This role is full-time and is Michigan / Metro Detroit based.
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Work with the customer success and analytics disciplines within the company
- Validate and parse large datasets, turning data into actionable information for data-driven decision making
- Research large scale and diverse automotive data sets
- Detect anomalies in the data and create detectors
- Work closely with the engineering team and cyber research team to build our analytics solution
- Build an innovative security technology
- Research new technologies and adopt them for use in the company’s product
Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years of experience as a Data Analyst from the cyber-security or automotive industry
- Passionate about data, hands-on approach with high-complex problem-solving ability
- BA/B.Sc. in Statistics / Math / Engineering or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Statistical knowledge and Extensive analytical skills with experience in using statistics for analyzing datasets
- A scientific computing language (such as R or Python) – including knowledge in using them for data cleansing and data preparation
- Strong SQL with experience in querying large, complex data sets
- A team player with excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate with both business and technical counterparts
- Experience in creating ETLs - an advantage
- Strong understanding of Security Operations – an advantage
- Experience with AWS or Azure – an advantage