Senior Security Researcher
ABOUT THE ROLE
Upstream is looking for a talented Senior Cybersecurity Researcher to join the Research team and take part in unique cybersecurity research for the mobility domain.
As a Senior Cybersecurity Researcher, you will be responsible for/to research multiple components in the automotive ecosystem, work closely with our data scientists and development team, and work with customers to help build a cutting-edge cybersecurity product at Upstream.
This role is full-time and is Israel-based.
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Research the Automotive Cybersecurity ecosystem: Automotive protocols - Both in-vehicle and telematics servers, Device research - Hardware, reverse-engineering, vulnerability research, Servers research - Application security, vulnerability research
- Research automotive architectures
- Develop cyber attack detection techniques and methodologies
- Develop research tools and technologies
- At least 3 years of experience as security researcher
- Experience in vulnerability research
- Experience in reverse engineering
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.)
- University B.Sc or equivalent technological military service
- Experience in Python
- Experience in reverse engineering- an advantage
- Experience with embedded and automotive systems - an advantage
- Experience with Java/Kotlin - an advantage
- Motivated, fast learner, and independent
- A team player, excellent collaboration skills
- Out of the box thinking style and ability to analyze complex systems