Data Science Intern
Upstream is looking for a talented Data Science Intern to join the Data Science team and focus on extracting meaningful insights from live streaming data and improving the company's AI and detection capabilities.
As a Data Scientist Intern, you will be responsible for various data science challenges such as datasets exploration, analysis and creation, ML models fine tuning and redesign, ML models cross-customer migrations and more. These ML models are all part of the company's product cybersecurity detection mechanism and include anomaly detection and prediction models among others.
This role capacity requirement is 3 days a week, and is eligible for hybrid work. Our office is based in Herzliya, Israel.
- Learn, understand, train, fix, re-design and finetune existing ML models
- Research, explore and analyze large scale and diverse automotive live streaming tabular data sets
- Extract customized descriptive statistics and advanced analysis from databases and datasets, in an unsupervised and purpose oriented manners
- Adapt existing ML models to fit Upstream customers and/or products
- Research and create new ML models to answer new customer challenges
- Work closely with other data scientists, cybersecurity researchers and Automotive domain experts
- Work closely with the dev team and data engineering team
- Communicate with the rest of the DS team, present ideas, share insights, progress and results
- M.Sc student in Math/EE/CS/Physics/Stats/SISE
- Studies are expected to continue for at least 1 year
- At least 1 year of industry experience
- Good coding and software engineering skills - Python is a must, specifically in DS libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, SciPy, Scikit-learn and more
- Vast understanding of machine learning theory, methods and procedures, including deep learning
- SQL knowledge, industry level - advantage
- Fast learner, team player with great communication skills, who can also work independently and methodically
- Experience in Deep Learning (PyTorch or other), Github, cloud based environments (AWS/Azure/GCP) - advantage
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.