ABOUT THE ROLE
Upstream is looking for a talented Research Manager to join the Research team and focus on leading research program initiatives across the organization.
As a Research Manager, you will report directly to the CTO, manage the company’s research program in the areas of automotive cybersecurity, and drive cybersecurity and automotive domain research activities. You will collaborate with product leaders and data teams to define and execute strategy and guide the team to success.
This position combines hands-on research work with program management and requires organization, planning, and leadership skills, along with exceptional interpersonal skills and delivery excellence. The Research Lead must also possess strong communication skills and be able to drive completion of work independently and within a team.
This role is full-time and is Israel-based.
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Manage the research program with prioritization, status, and delivery milestones
- Work closely with the CTO, Cyber Research, and Data Science and Data Analyst teams to define and execute research activities in the specialized areas of Upstream Security
- Identify major initiatives in business technologies
- Manage the research roadmap and track research progress throughout the research lifecycle
- Practical vehicle research including vehicle networks and components
- Mobility applications research
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management
- Research large scale and diverse automotive data sets
- Build modeling and anomaly detection algorithms as part of the company's products
- Work closely with the data science team and the dev team to build the analytics solution to build machine learning models
- Build an innovative security technology
- Research new technologies and adopt them for use in the company’s product
- At least 3 years of experience in product and project or program management
- BA/BS/MA degree or equivalent work experience from the industry or the army
- Proven track record of innovative cyber security research
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Leadership skills in personal mentoring, technical guidance and proactively initiate new activities
- Programming and scripting background (C++/C#/Python/Perl)
- Strong self-learning and analytical skills with problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills