R&D | Senior Big Data Engineer
About the role
Smart mobility is about to revolutionize the way we live, work and commute – it’s sparked by vehicle connectivity with an eye forward to autonomous driving. In order to make it work seamlessly, it’s first got to be Secure and Safe – that’s where Upstream Security comes in. We’ve created the world’s first and only cloud-based cybersecurity solution designed specifically for Smart Mobility, and already trusted by over a million connected vehicles worldwide.
We are looking for a talented Senior Big Data Engineer, with experience with Spark & Kafka, who will work closely with the research team and developing the company’s core technology.
You will develop cutting edge security and analytics software, research and analyze large scale mobility data, and develop big data tools that will be a core part of the company’s innovative security solution.
If you are talented, hardworking individuals with great energy, leadership, and initiative to drive awareness for our Platform- we want to hear from you!
- Design and implement Upstream’s big data analytics framework based on Spark
- Design and implement Upstream’s model development cycle (continuous train, test, deployment and serving of models)
- Work closely with the research team to design and implement ML, models and algorithmic solutions
- Develop Upsteam’s core data-pipeline infrastructure based on Kafka
- Develop our core processing and detection engine
- Microservices development deployed on K8S
Experience and Skills
- BSc. degree in Computer Science or Army tech unit (top graduate)
- 7+ years of development experience
- 3+ years of development using a big data analytics framework such as Spark or equivalent
- 3+ years of development using Kafka in production systems
- Proven experience in developing and deploying robust, large-scale distributed systems in production
- Experience in building, deploying and real-time serving of models in large-scale systems
- Motivated, fast learner and independent