Senior Devops Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
Upstream is looking for a talented hands-on and experienced senior DevOps engineer to join the Engineering team.
As a DevOps engineer, you will work very closely with the development and management teams and will be part of the core startup team, supporting the company’s core technology and engineering systems. In this role, you will focus on operations in order to ensure scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance. You will design and develop our innovative, highly scalable, and high-performance automotive security solution.
This role is full-time and is Michigan / Metro Detroit based.
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Implement a high scale Software as a Service (SaaS) solution
- Implement cloud infrastructure in AWS / Azure
- Implement the company's engineering systems
- Responsible for all the company IT requirements and monitoring
- Rollout processes for new functionality introduced to the cloud infrastructure by the team
- 4+ years of DevOps experience
- Experienced with Linux Systems - high level of scripting in Bash / Python
- Experienced with Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and CI/CD
- Experienced with implementation in a SaaS/PaaS architecture
- Experienced with scripting languages such as Java, Scala, Python, Ruby (Scala / Java is an advantage)
- 3+ years of experience in AWS / Azure
- Infrastructure as a code - Terraform / Cloudformation
- Microservices concepts
- Experienced with helm 2+3, Kafka, Logstash, Spark/HDFS
- Experienced with monitoring systems
- Experienced with troubleshooting capabilities
- Experienced with MySQL / PostgreSQL / RedShift / Presto
- Experienced with OpenShift operators
- Motivated, service oriented, fast learner, and independent
- A team player, excellent collaboration skills