ABOUT THE ROLE
Upstream Security is looking for a Solution Architect (SA) who will drive customer satisfaction as the front-line leader for handling technical and architectural inquiries regarding Upstream solutions, architecture, and integration with the customer ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have a strong sensitivity to customer needs and constraints and be able to independently manage multiple complex projects in parallel, driving them through to successful deliveries. The perfect match will have a strong ability to evangelize, negotiate, think critically, multi-task, and troubleshoot across various systems/areas including tech support such as: system detection configuration and assisting customers to become product experts.
A successful candidate will be a high-performing team member that will add value to our existing company culture. You will have a great opportunity to join one of the most promising startups in cybersecurity solutions for the automotive industry.
Preferred location: Michigan / Metro Detroit
This position will require travel based on demand once travel resumes
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Communicate with prospects and customers to convey information concerning the technical and business benefits of Upstream Security’s products
- The SA will gather requirements, discover customer challenges, design solutions, conduct presentations and product demonstrations, run technical workshops, work with customers, partners, sales and customer success teams to conduct Proofs-of-Concept (POCs), technical/architectural engagements and product evaluations
- Deliver professional and technical management following the best practices and established procedures through proactive communication, strategic advisory, technical project management, service reviews, escalation management and training
- Demonstrate high customer satisfaction levels and results; actively work to improve the overall customer and partners (MSSP, SIs, Technology partners) experience
- Answer RFx processes, define technical needs for POC and deployments
- Build strong rapport by utilizing relating skills and assisting customer needs
- Evaluate customers' business needs, infrastructure, security and compliance requirements
- Development, design and work to implement security solutions involving multiple security products integrating with multiple vendors, service providers, and OEM solutions
- Work to identify and/or develop value creation and upsell opportunities
- Maintain in-depth understanding of company technology, products, and services
- Providing support to the sales team in defining strategies for successful sales and implementations of solutions
- 6+ years experience in SA, sales engineering, system engineering
- Demonstrated record of successfully supporting sales teams within the cybersecurity domain interfacing with CISO organizations and relevant stakeholders in the Automotive industry
- Demonstrated track record and experience working in a complex and fast paced global work environment
- Deep technical knowledge of cybersecurity and data integration domains and the ability to keep up with new technologies as they emerge
- Results-orientation and strong decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize multiple objectives and meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent written, speaking, and listening skills; possess the ability to communicate effectively and with all levels within organizations
- Fast learner, team player, problem solver, ability to work in a fluctuating workload environment and with a globally dispersed, cross cultural team
- Training and product onboarding experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field