Upstream C4 Fueling The Vehicle SOC
Security Operations for Connected Cars
Most enterprises today operate a Security Operations Center (SOC) to prevent cybersecurity threats and detect and respond to any incident on the computers, servers and networks it oversees. Car manufacturers have realized that there is an even more pressing need to design and develop a customized SOC designed for detecting and responding to threats targeting their connected car and peripheral services – security and safety go hand in hand. Upstream helps OEMs and Mobility Providers design and implement Vehicle SOC using our award winning C4 Platform designed from the ground up to power Vehicle or Mobility SOCs.
Vehicle SOC Incident Response Playbook Design
KEY THINGS TO ADDRESS WHEN DESIGNING PLAYBOOKS FOR A VEHICLE SOC
- IDENTIFY which team is responsible for each component (mobile, telematics, in-vehicle etc…) in order to contact in case of breach.
- INITIATING CONDITION. What is the first event of the playbook process that triggers the rest of the steps.
- PROCESS STEPS. What are all the major activations to be conducted to satisfy the policies and procedures triggered by the initiating condition
- RESPONSE. At which point do you want to alert the vehicle product department owner? car owner?
- END STATE. What is the end goal of the playbook? What is the desired outcome based on the initiating condition that represents the playbook’s completion.
How to Leverage Upstream in a Vehicle SOC
Upstream’s C4 Platform is the first and only solution in the market today designed specifically for the unique needs of an Automotive or Vehicle SOC. Our data driven platform combines powerful machine learning based modeling of a connected car environment along with the ability to aggregate and normalize multiple proprietary data feeds. The solution tightly integrates real-time cybersecurity incident detection with a fully featured mobility Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) that provides security analysts with customized automotive incident timelines. Lastly the platform has pre-built integrations with leading enterprise SIEM and Workflow solutions for true end-to-end SOC workflows.